A Nice Surprise

This little cutie has taken a sudden interest in using the potty. About a week and a half ago he started wanting to climb up and sit on it (with his clothes on) so I let him. Then he progressed to wanting his diaper off first. Saturday he peed on the potty for the first time and today he pooped! It was a little bit traumatic because he is still having some constipation issues (sorry if that is TMI) but it was his idea to sit there and I wasn't forcing him to stay so hopefully he will want to try again. He is getting m & m's as his reward and is walking around singing the silly potty song I made up a long time ago and have sung with all of the kids.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but how great would it be if he would potty train before baby comes and we are only buying diapers for one kid! I wish I hadn't just bought diapers the other day; I would try some pull-ups for him.

No comments: