Baby Update - 30 weeks, 4 days

Photo by Caleb :)

I haven't been doing a good job of posting about Baby #5, so I guess it's time for an update. I had an OB appointment yesterday which was pretty uneventful (except for the rho-gam shot I had to get since I have a negative blood type and Scott's is positive).


My belly is measuring right on at 30 cm, blood pressure is still good and the baby's heartbeat was in the high 130's. I have gained about 20 pounds so far. I think my birthday did me dirty - I was nowhere near that total at my last appointment a month ago! Hopefully it will level out some over the next few weeks. I will go every 2 weeks for the next couple of visits and then every week during my last month. My doctor mentioned doing another ultrasound in a few weeks to check the baby's weight - he has never done that before so I got a little nervous and asked him if there was something I should be concerned about. He assured me that everything looks great and he isn't worried about anything. I guess I won't complain if I get to see another picture of our little one (unless our insurance won't pay for it).


I feel like I am really getting big now - it always hits right at 7 months and I get HUGE basically overnight. Still not feeling uncomfortable, so that's good! I also have not been experiencing acid reflux much at all this time which is way different from the others. A lot of people are telling me they think it is a boy, including Caleb who has guessed correctly the other times. I guess we better think of a boy name we can actually agree on!

No comments: