Celebrations

I had a Mother's weekend instead of just Mother's Day! Friday night Caleb and Ella spent the night at Mima and Papa's house - they were ecstatic about staying there and even more excited that their cousins Madisyn and McKenzee would be there. Since Scott and I just had little bit, we went to dinner together and then downtown to Lake Mirror to watch West Side Story at Pics on the Promenade. It has been really hot lately, but that night it was surprisingly cool and beautiful outside. Lillian slept through most of the movie and Scott and I couldn't believe how calm it was with just one child! :) It's funny how differently people react when you have one baby with you versus a baby, toddler and preschooler. You go from sweet, adoring looks to looks of bewilderment and horror... if only those people knew what a blessing and joy it is to have a house full of children.

Unfortunately, Scott had a meeting at work Saturday morning, but since it was just Lillian and me, I decided to walk around at Mayfaire with our neighbor Christy. It was HOT HOT HOT outside even though we went early in the morning, but Lillian slept most of the time we were there since that is her morning naptime. After that we had a birthday party to go to for another one of our neighbors - happy 2nd birthday Henry! After naps we went to Mima and Papa's house for a Mother's Day dinner. Scott got all the fixings for a yummy steak dinner and even cooked the steaks for us! It was better than any meal we could have gotten in a restaurant (and cheaper!)... we had steak, mushrooms, baked potatoes, garlic bread, spinach salad and cheesecake for dessert, complete with a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee for Papa and me. Sunday morning I had my cards and a hot cup of coffee delivered to me in bed since I got to sleep in later than everyone else. We went to church and Scott offered to take me to lunch somewhere, but after our experience last year going out to lunch on Mother's Day, I decided it wasn't worth the effort, especially since there is another child in the mix this year! So we had a quiet lunch at home with just us and then Scott and I took a nap while the kids slept - wow, why don't I do that more often?!

Chef Scott

Mom relaxing with the girls in Mima and Papa's room

Flowers from Daddy


Card from my kiddos

No comments: