Harrell's Spring Fling

This past Saturday, we went to Cypress Gardens courtesy of Scott's employer. We didn't have to pay for tickets, parking, or our meal - they provided it all! I had never been to CG before but I am sold on it - I think I like it more than any of the "big" theme parks in Tampa and Orlando. It was incredibly kid-friendly, lots of rides and a HUGE water play area for them... Plus it wasn't crowded, it only took about 30 minutes to get there and they had roller coasters!!!!!!!!! This may not seem like a big deal, but to a woman who has been pregnant and/or nursing a baby that I couldn't leave for more than an hour or 2 for about the last 5 years of my life, it was HUGE. A whole day at a theme park where I could ride EVERYTHING - I was beside myself. Scott kept gently reminding me that this was not all about me - but I still got to ride all the grown-up rides I wanted... roller coasters, log flume, water rapids, bumper cars, the list goes on. Scott's parents were able to go with us since there were extra tickets. The best part of the day was watching the kids. They didn't stop smiling and laughing the whole time - there is nothing like seeing their eyes light up when they are having fun. We each got to ride different rides with them individually, which was neat. Caleb even went on the Dizzy Dragons ride (kind of like the spinning teacups at Disney). He picked it to go on and said he wanted me to spin it around while we were riding it. He was tall enough to ride the log flume ride with me. It really was quite a day - we stayed until right before they closed at 8 PM and the kids were so great all day - only a minor meltdown or 2 :) We were so impressed with the park that we applied our ticket toward an annual pass so we can go back as often as we want for the next 12 months. Thank you, Harrell's for an amazing experience.

No comments: