Breast Cancer Walk

I have always wanted to do a breast cancer walk, and this year I finally got my wish.  Harrell's participated with a team, but a friend of ours from church who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer headed up her own team and raised a ton of money.  Scott was very kind to let me do it, especially on a day when the older 3 kids all had a soccer game and they were all at 8 AM, meaning they had to be at the field by 7:30.  Luckily I didn't have to leave until after that, so I was at least able to help him get everyone ready.  I made sure their water bottles and gear were ready the night before and they ate a banana in the car for breakfast, but we got them ready and there on time!





I thoroughly enjoyed the walk.  The whole event was very inspiring and fun.  Next year Ella wants to walk with me :)  If we can get out of soccer games that day, I think it would be enjoyable for the whole family.

No comments: