Happy 5th Birthday, Lillian!



Five years ago today we brought our precious, petite little Lily Bug into the world.  I find myself forgetting that she really is that old already.  Sweet Lillian, how is it possible that five years have passed since the day we met you for the very first time?  I would give anything to go back and hold you as an itty bitty baby again, smell your sweet baby smell and listen to you grunt and coo those precious baby sounds you made... Even if it meant re-living my labor with you that came on so quickly I didn't have time for an epidural!  If only we had known how fast the time would fly...


You were such a quiet and easygoing baby, just like your sister.  I remember toting you around in your moses basket and always laying you across my lap on your belly.  You were so little that you loved to do that even when you got to be a much older baby.  Now you are growing into a sweet and sassy big girl - you love to laugh and be silly and your smile is so infectious!  Your whole face lights up and everyone around you can't help but break into a grin right along with you.  You are so full of spunk and personality, so expressive and dramatic when you talk and tell stories.  Sometimes you talk like you are 15, not 5!  You are very bright and love to do any kind of school work, whether in your VPK class or at home with Mommy.  I think you would have been more than ready for Kindergarten this year, but I am so thankful that the way your birthday falls means I get to have you another year, since you have made quite clear to us your desire not to be homeschooled! :)  Happy Birthday sweet girl, we love you so much!

1 comment:

japm1944 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,Lillian. We love you bunches. Mima and Papa