Menu Plan Monday

I have been wanting to start posting my meal plans for a while, partly to keep myself accountable and also so when my kids ask me 6,000 times every day "What are we eating today" they can look it up themselves! :) I try to do somewhat South Beach-friendly meals (most of the time) or make it so some portion of it follows the guidelines (for example, I will eat taco salad instead of tacos on Tuesday). Scott informed me last week he might want to start trying to follow the South Beach plan, although I think he will do much better with Phase 2 since it isn't quite so strict, so that's where we are with food right now!

I plan based on what meats are on sale and shop once every two weeks, although we do have to fill in fresh fruit, milk and bread on the off weeks. Usually the kids will eat fruit and sometimes yogurt with dinner since the girls aren't huge vegetable eaters.

Week of 4/5
Monday
Chicken Spaghetti (using whole wheat pasta)
Sauteed Zucchini

Tuesday
Tacos or Taco Salad
Brown Rice - Mexican Style
Black Beans

Wednesday
Neighborhood Bible Study - dinner provided there

Thursday
Poppyseed Chicken over Brown Rice
Baked Sweet Potatoes

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Homemade Pizza
Salad

Sunday
(Breakfast for Dinner)
Sausage Egg and Cheese on a multi-grain english muffin
Grits


Week of 4/12
Monday
Meatloaf (Caleb's favorite!)
Green beans
Roasted or mashed potatoes

Tuesday
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Black Beans
Brown Rice
Plantains

Wednesday
Neighborhood Bible Study - dinner provided there

Thursday
Chicken Naranja (recipe from a Once-A-Month cookbook Scott bought me)
Sticky Rice (brown rice for me)
Steamed Broccoli

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Homemade Pizza
Salad

Sunday (Breakfast for Dinner)

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Bacon
Fresh Fruit

I try to make it simple - leftovers every Friday, Homemade Pizza every Saturday and breakfast for dinner on Sundays. Am I a slacker or what!? ;)

No comments: