Counting Down...

Only about three weeks until my little man goes to school! Granted, it is only VPK and he will only be gone three hours a day, but I am still getting sad about it. Of course, he will be fine - it will surely be harder on me than him. I really would have preferred something that wasn't every day, but since the program he is in will be free, we couldn't pass up the opportunity. So I am trying to jam-pack our last days together with lots of fun stuff - I just want to cherish every last minute of him being home all day with us.

Yesterday we "baked cookies", as Ella called it. Mind you, nothing was baked and they weren't even cookies, but it was still fun and they were great little helpers. We made one of the Jello "no bake" kits - the peanut butter one. We put them in individual muffin cups (don't you love the St. Patty's Day ones I had to use - that is all I had in the pantry) and froze them so it tasted a lot like peanut butter pie. The kids loved sprinkling chocolate chips on top and then putting the chocolate syrup on. They even ate dinner without much of a fuss because they knew there was a dessert waiting for them; they didn't even mind sharing one. :)


1 comment:

Ella said...

yum! those look delicious...can we come over and play?