Celebrating July 4th...

I just love holidays. I love hanging out with friends and family and having meals together with everyone at our house. We had a cookout on Friday for Independence Day. Grandaddy grilled chicken, hot dogs and bratwurst and Granmommy made homemade potato salad, macaroni salad (the best around - an awesome recipe), and mississippi mud, and my niece DeShay made haystacks. We also had corn on the cob, rolls, and salad... and I am sure I am forgetting something. What a feast!!! Scott's family came over, some of my family was here and a few of our friends stopped by. We even got in a few games of Trivial Pursuit, much to Scott's delight. I realized after the fact that I should have gotten some sparklers or something for the kids to do, but I don't think they noticed! No fireworks on the 4th - our downtown celebration the night before had gotten rain delayed so by the time the fireworks show started it was way past the kids' bedtime. The rest of us got to watch from my front porch - I love living so close to downtown! The show was awesome but it is probably better the kids missed it since they are deathly afraid of fireworks.














Madisyn, McKenzee and Papa making coffee together

1 comment:

Ella said...

so glad you all had a fun weekend...wish we could have been there!!