The Big Easy

Please pray for some of the guys in our ministry - they traveled to New Orleans this weekend to meet with a pastor there about ideas for church planting in our neighborhood. They were supposed to leave late Friday afternoon and their plane was delayed until 1:30 AM (the devil is already trying to do his thing and we haven't even started yet)! So they didn't get to bed until 4:30 AM and had their meeting scheduled for 9:30. I probably would have just stayed awake the rest of the morning and visited Cafe Du Monde for some beignets in the meantime, but having three children kind of makes you more used to sleep deprivation than a lot of people are. I haven't heard an update yet, but I am so anxious to hear what they learned and how they can apply it in our neighborhood.

Those of you dying for a family-related post, Lillian had her 9-month check-up last week and we are now officially on the growth chart!! She was 15 lbs. 8 oz. and 26 1/4" long. Now, mind you, we are only at 5% but that is better than 0%!! So strange since the other two were always 75% on everything. My precious petite little girl... She says uh-oh now and it is just about the cutest thing I have heard. I am amazed that I will be planning her 1 year-old birthday soon - where has the last year gone?

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

Hi friend! Just prayed for the guys! Keep us posted!

have a great day!
whats your email address so that I can invite you to read my new blog

Anonymous said...

Praise God that a sound teaching church is on its way in your town. That's a blessing. We are a new urban ministry family and I'm glad that I've found your website through "these three kings"

Zinnada<><