Road Trip

Last week started with me writing a blog post about Mother's Day, complete with a ton of fantastic pictures we had taken that day of my kids with their Momma (because let's face it, usually Mom is the one holding the camera), not to mention snapshots of Ella Grace riding her bike with NO TRAINING WHEELS for the first time ever... until I realized that every last picture that I uploaded that day had somehow become corrupted files.  I think I am still in mourning and maybe even denial.  I kept the files if anyone has a good idea of how to fix them - I have tried everything.  I even took my memory card to Wolf Camera to have them run an image recovery on it with no luck.  So, so sad!

On a more cheerful note, Noah and I accompanied Scott on a business trip last week for a few days.  We went to Charlotte and Sylacauga while he was conducting trainings at other Harrell's locations.  Caleb went to Grandma and Grandpa's, the girls spent time with Aunt Tricia in Gainesville and Jackson hung out with Grandaddy while we were gone.  We had a great time on the trip - Pandora is my new favorite pasttime and we visited three restaurants that have been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  I ate barbecue from a place that I am pretty sure should be on Triple D.  Scott told me he was worried I wouldn't like it because I am a "barbecue snob" - I am still trying to figure out if that is a compliment or not!  Noah and I also went swimming together for the first time.  I spent a very peaceful day window shopping at an amazing mall in Charlotte and learned quickly that Noah does not like the Loft store for some reason!  He did like the side of black beans and rice I got him when I ate lunch at Chipotle (in the mall food court, right by Chick-Fil-A where I got a large Diet Dr. Pepper to go with my burrito bowl and chips & guac - a meal made in heaven!!)

Our anniversary happened to fall on the last day of the trip.  Our original plan was to go shopping at The Summit in Birmingham after he finished a training in Sylacauga (my husband loves to shop, believe it or not!) but we decided to head south and just stop at a mall somewhere along the way.  Let's just say the mall we chose left a lot to be desired but the second we walked in I smelled a very familiar waft of cinnamon yumminess and decided that a Cinnabon would be the perfect way to celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss! :)  We will actually be going out for a "real" anniversary dinner tomorrow night to Texas Roadhouse, our new favorite restaurant, compliments of a gift card from my parents.

I didn't take very many pictures on the trip - I guess I am a little nervous now that I may lose more files.  Here are a few to enjoy, though!

Happy Hour at Sonic driving north on the first day

Breakfast in Charlotte, Landmark Diner



Hanging out in one of our hotel rooms


Dinner in Atlanta, Colonnade Restaurant 

Scott arranged for me to get these upon our return home.  Always thinking, I love that about him!

No comments: