Happy 3rd Birthday Lillian!

At 10:30 in the morning, three short years ago today, we welcomed our third bundle of joy into the family. After a very quick pitocin-induced labor (with no epidural, I might add), Lillian Ruth MacDonald made her entrance into the world!

I'm not sure who cried more, me or her - that was some serious pain! Luckily I forgot it all the moment I kissed her sweet little face and laid her on my chest for the first time. (I still think I was already in labor when we got to the hospital but they wouldn't check me before they induced).

When Lillian was about 3 weeks old, Scott and the older 2 went to Alabama for a long weekend, leaving me and our new baby girl with lots of time all to ourselves. I will never forget how special those few days were - it was wonderful to get that bonding time without life getting in the way. I took lots of pictures, we snuggled and took naps together all weekend long - what a life!

I chose the Bible verse "Every good and perfect gift is from above" for Lillian's birth announcement. What a fitting way to think about her life so far - her zany personality, feistiness and quiet affection are all perfect gifts to our family. Lillian Ruth, we love you so much and are celebrating you today. Enjoy being 3 but please stop growing so quickly!
Here is Lillian at her 1 year-old birthday party. The dress had been Ella's and it was HUGE on Lillian at that time! Same dress, this time with a "2" on the front a year later. We definitely got lots of use out of that dress!
The birthday girl today at Chick-Fil-A enjoying a celebratory ice cream cone. (No, I don't purposefully dress my child in a Madonna t-shirt every day as it may seem by our photos lately... In reality, she chooses to wear that shirt, her favorite, anytime it is clean!

2 comments:

Ella said...

happy birthday, sweet girl!! we love you so much and wish we could be at your party!! glad you got to enjoy some chick fil-a today...i would have done the same! :)

japm1944 said...

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY Lillian Ruth! We love you bunches. Mima and Papa