Food for Thought

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (think Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
Dough:
2 C Bisquick (or any generic baking mix)
3/4 C milk
3/4 C shredded cheddar (I use sharp and I always use more than the recipe calls for)

Topping:
1/2 C melted butter (not margarine!)
1 t garlic powder
1/4 t salt
1/8 t onion powder
1/8 t parsley flakes

Blend Bisquick, milk and cheese in a mixing bowl. Drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheet and bake at 375* for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. While biscuits bake, combine topping ingredients, then brush on biscuits when they are fresh out of the oven.

Scott loves to deliver these to our neighbors while they are still warm. I usually double this recipe (at least) and we very rarely have any left over.

I keep saying I want to try making the dough from scratch but I haven't done it yet... Someday!

No comments: