Fun, Fun and More Fun

Last Thursday we did our annual summer outing to Backyard Adventures... Jackson isn't free anymore so let's just say that we won't be going there again anytime soon. I will certainly stick to my "once-a-year" rule from now on - they had tons of fun but good gracious was it expensive. Mima and McKenzee were there, too.

Then on Friday, one last field trip for the summer with camp. They always end their program with a trip to Lowry Park Zoo. It was fun but unbearably hot... I think it took me the rest of the weekend to get over feeling tired and dehydrated from being out in the sun all day. Aunt Tricia met us there with Sarah Jane and Evan and after the zoo, we visited with Aunt Karen and she fed us dinner at her house.
(I can't believe summer camp is over already! Please pray for the ministry as they are gearing up for another school year of their After-School Enrichment Program.)

Saturday Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit. They brought lots of yummy food for dinner and a complete Hooked on Phonics set that I will start using with Ella. Grandma had lots of help in the kitchen!
Scott and our neighbor Will hung some shelves in the hall closet on Sunday so I am organizing all of our school books and supplies.

Yesterday we hung out at Lake Bonny Park with an old friend of mine who I met when Caleb was about one. She has a son his age, a daughter Ella's age and a son between Lillian and Jackson's age. She also homeschools her kiddos so I look forward to seeing them lots this coming school year! Our mischievous kiddos all snuck onto the baseball fields when the sprinklers came on and got soaking wet - they had a blast!

Today we had dentist appointments for Caleb and Ella - they both got great reports. Lillian told me twice while we were there that she needed to go potty; that is a HUGE deal since she hasn't been very cooperative at home. Luckily I had her jar of reward Skittles with us.

Thursday the kids and I are going to Georgia with Grandaddy for my cousin's wedding. We haven't visited family there since I was pregnant with Ella! I imagine I will probably start school one day next week - most of their friends (except the ones who homeschool) will be back in school so there won't be much else going on.

That's what we've been up to! It has been an action-packed summer and I am sad to see it end, but so excited about our new journey. I am still so humbled and grateful for the opportunity to teach my little ones.

No comments: